A fire broke out Vice President Emmerson Mnangagwa’s Tynwald home and destroyed parts of the property. However, Firefighters from the city of Harare managed to put out the fire before it reached the main house. The blaze occured at around 11 am.
Noone was injured in the fire, and Mnangagwa himself no longer lives at the Tynwald house after he moved to the northern suburbs. The fire damaged an old compound, fowl runs, and sheds which house agricultural equipment.
Mnangagwa’s family declined to comment and told reporters to get comments from the state residences security personnel who were guarding the property.
There are suspicions in VP Mnangagwa’s Lacoste camp that he is now marked for elimination by higher powers within Zanu PF.
Mnangagwa’s children, who are living on the property referred reporters to the police who did not shed more light on the fire.
This incident happens as Mnangagwa is recovering from surgery following alleged poisoning by his rivals in the fractious Zanu PF during an interface rally in Gwanda two weeks ago.